Qualified KS3 Teacher
Qualified Teacher: KS3 (although pupils work well below national averages), SEND
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Salary: TBC dependant on experience
Sector: Independent SEND School (SEMH)
Start Date: 1st November 2021 or as soon as available
Closing Date: 10th September 2021
We are looking to recruit a full-time Teacher for our lower senior class (Years 7-9). Our pupils often have significant gaps in their learning having had time out of education in the past therefore most are learning below national expectation. The role encompasses more of a primary approach, teaching a single class in core and foundation subjects so would also suit a teacher with primary qualifications.
Seadown is a small, independent, non-maintained, school. We are a school for young people from years 1 to 11, with a variety of educational needs including MLD, dyslexia, autistic spectrum, ADHD and SEMH. Some pupils can also present with challenging behaviour when at crisis point. We are currently registered for 30 pupils.
At Seadown children and young people who have previously been isolated or excluded from school are supported to grow and develop socially, to gain some confidence and be encouraged to do their personal best.
The duties will include all aspects of teaching pupils a bespoke curriculum tailored to their individual needs and, as stated, would encompass all areas of the curriculum, both core and foundation. Responsibilities will also include writing PIES, Individual Risk Assessments and Positive Behaviour Plans. In addition to these responsibilities you may be asked to lead a subject hub dependent on specialism, attend Annual Reviews of pupils EHCP’s and monitor and analyse not only academic achievement but also social and emotional development.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of working as a teacher in a challenging environment; or be very confident and have an excellent training record.
- preferably be experienced in working with a range of SEND
- be willing to learn and develop your knowledge and understanding of SEND teaching and commit to a comprehensive training programme
- be competent in delivering the National Curriculum
- be committed to working as a team member
- aspire to engage children with their learning through carefully planned topics.
- be flexible and highly adaptable
We can offer:
- a friendly, highly professional, welcoming and inclusive working environment
- a committed and dedicated team
- thorough systems and structures in place
- ongoing training
- regular support meetings
- a forward thinking and flexible outlook
If you are interested in applying for this post, please call the HR Department, Sam, on 01903 216164 or for an application pack and to arrange a visit to the school.
This Post is subject to Enhanced Disclosures via the Criminal Records Bureau.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: dependent on experience
> We are always interested in hearing from suitable, bank staff positions, teaching and catering assistants If you would like more details or would like an application pack please contact the school.
> Volunteers are always welcome. We are currently looking for drivers. Please contact us for more details.
For more information, please contact Sam Green, Human Resource Manager on email@example.com Tel: 01903 216164.